Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Writing a cover letter is hard to do?


Honestly, it’s been a bad few months on my writing scene. I’m not sure if it’s just a backlash from writing so many trite philosophy papers or if I just lost the spark, but bleh…


Anyways:

So here I am trying to pump out a cover letter for my resume and the only things that are coming out are fairly unprofessional repartee. All I really want to do is bang my head on a wall somewhere and pretend that I don’t have to make a final decision on anything.

For those of us keeping score, that would equate to my not being comfortable with unalterable commitments winning the race in general.

The truth of it is that I simply have to decide what I want to commit myself to and chase it come hell or high water, and of course that means that, even if I ride the rocket to the pits of Hades, there will be no turning back. This freaks the bejeebus out of me, but I’m now entering a realm of life where I simply no longer have any choice. Student loans are coming due, I’d like to retire at some point in my lifetime and having a house might be nice too.

Well, I’ll figure this crap out this weekend while smoking my pipe. Maybe I’ll actually start working on a real blog write up while I’m at it.

Until then,
-T

No comments:

Post a Comment